Voluntary Secretary (approx. 5hrs p/w)
Work in conjunction with the Administration Coordinator (or applicable Committee Member) to maintain a register of the members of BOSA.
Maintain records of appointments of office bearers and members of the Committee.
Plan and prepare for meetings, including:
· providing at least 48 hours notice in advance of intended meetings
· preparing the Agenda
· compiling and issuing documents to be referenced during meetings
Maintain records of those present at Committee meetings and General meetings.
Record minutes of proceedings of all Committee meetings and General meetings.
On request, provide ad-hoc assistance to the Committee Project Groups to contribute to successful delivery of project milestones.
Proof-read and contribute to the content development of marketing and promotional materials being prepared within the Committee and/or by external parties.
Be a back-up and perform duties of the Administration Coordinator (or applicable Committee Member) when called for (eg due to absence, sickness, vacation).
Prepare and monitor the work plan, priorities and completion of activities carried out by the Administration Coordinator.
Assist and provide oversight to the activities of the national Volunteer Coordinator (or applicable Committee Member).
Support the President with coordination of communications and/or activities to third parties engaged to assist BOSA programs.
Act as a focal point to ensure that Committee efforts are focused on delivery of Annual Business Plans.
Monitor the workload of Committee members to identify emerging risks with potential to impact successful delivery of Projects (eg in appropriate allocation of skills; excessive workloads; extraneous priorities) and make recommendations on task reallocation.
1. A demonstrated commitment to BOSA mission.
2. High degree of self-motivation and desire to energise others.
3. Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to use computer word processing and spreadsheet programs.
6. Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to work as part of a team.