A priceless opportunity to make a practical difference in the survival of the Borneo Orangutan.
As an Orangutan Program Volunteer, you will be a key part of the enrichment program at BOS.
Enrichment programs are vital for captive orangutans as they teach them how to forage for food, build, modify and use tools, increase agility and develop skills to survive in the wild.
This special TAFE Tour will begin on the 28th of December. You should aim to arrive either early the morning of the 28th or the night before (27th Dec). The tour will conclude on the 6th of January, so please book departing flights for either morning/afternoon/evening of the 6th. Any additional nights accommodation will be incur and extra charge.
Here are the basics* –
- Spend 10 days at Samboja Lodge in Borneo
- Be part of a fun team comprised of your TAFE friends
- Prepare items for the orangutans to play with
- Visit local markets and work with sun bears
- Trip is for 15 years* and over and available for various departures
- $900 AUD per person approx. (excl. flights)
* As a group, you commit to fundraising or donating a minimum of $2,000 on top of your $500 per person joining donation. These are both non-refundable donations to the Enrichment program and you will be issued with a Tax Deductible Receipt. Of this, a $250 non-refundable deposit is required to be paid at time of booking and before the 1st of June 2019. We are unable to confirm your spot on your chosen tour date until the deposit has been received.
The remainder of the $500 non-refundable donation must be paid by 1st August 2019. We may cancel your booking if either the deposit payment or the final payment is not paid by the relevant due date.
All tours are based on a minimum number of participants, however if this number is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel or re-cost the tour as appropriate. If we re-cost and you decide not to proceed, or if we cancel the tour, your deposit is refundable in full.
In all other circumstances, your deposit is non-refundable.
Read our Full Terms & Conditions
How Can You Help
There are lots of ways you can support orangutans and help ensure the survival of this precious ape.
Adopt an Orangutan
Orangutans are endangered and at risk of extinction. Habitat destruction means hundreds of orphan orangutans need to care for every year. You can help by adopting one. Their dedicated ‘nannies’ teach them everything they need to know for when it’s time to release them back to the wild. You can follow their progress through Forest School.Adopt Now
Make a Donation
Please help the Orangutans in their struggle for survival. Your donation is important and goes directly to BOS Indonesia. By donating, you are helping bring this noble yet endangered species back from the brink of extinction and on a path to freedom - from rescue to rehabilitation and release.Donate Now
Visit Our Shop
The perfect gift for any occasion! Choose from our selection of instant gifts that directly support our orangutans. You can buy a wheelbarrow, provide food for an orangutan for two months or lots more. You will receive a certificate, personalised with the name of your choice - perfect gift for you or a friend.Shop Now