Philanthropy Coordinator – 10 hrs per week – contract role – Work from home.
The Philanthropy Coordinator will drive the acquisition, engagement, management and retention of BOS Australia’s major donors and bequests as well as focus on philanthropic bodies and the corporate sector. The ideal candidate will have the demonstrable skills, knowledge & experience to develop and implement a long-term strategy and program of work. They will have a proven ability to cultivate and nurture new and existing relationships with donors and have an adept understanding of the personal attributes required to foster these relationships. They will work closely with the Donor Communications and Administration team as well as the President and Committee members.
- Develop and implement strategy for existing, lapsed and new major donors.
- Maintain and grow an active pipeline of prospects for major donors and bequests.
- Develop corporate strategies and tactics for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of corporate partners.
- Develop and present proposals to meet corporate and major donors’ needs.
- Initiate and develop new relationships with individual donors, Trusts and Foundations, corporate partners and high net worth individuals to secure substantial funding.
- Develop and implement a Bequest Strategy.
Essential experience/ Selection Criteria
- A proven track record of success in major gifts and high net worth fundraising and donor relationship management.
- Superior relationship building and influencing skills.
- Established connections and networks in the corporate sector.
- Superior interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- Excellent planning and time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritise.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar fundraising position.
- Strong database/CRM knowledge. Preferably with Salesforce but not essential.
- Experience with Philanthropic Grants.
- Knowledge of Bequest and corporate programs.
- Donor acquisition experience.
- Experience and knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- This position reports to Committee Board via the President
- Attend Committee meeting First Monday every month 7-9pm by phone
- Work from home
- Approx. 10 hours per week
- Must be able to check emails on a regular basis, minimum 3 times per week
- Must have ABN and appropriate insurances
Please submit your application along with your CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria to email@example.com by 5pm Friday the 27th of September 2019. For further questions or information please contact BOSA President, Tony Gilding on 0413 123 000.